If you have purchased a stun gun and have no idea on how to use it the right way, it may either fail to protect you or cause unnecessary damage.
Teach your self on how to use these non lethal self-defense product.If you have one of these weapons or are planning to buy one, here are some tips.
1. Always check that your stun gun is charged, it is recommend your charge you stun gun once a week.
2. Don’t let it become one of the items at the bottom of your purse or a item in the junk drawer at home.
Always have your stun gun out and ready when walking through a potentially dangerous area such as parks, garages or isolated roads and areas.
4. Press the high voltage stun gun into one of the stun areas, and fire. The time period should be around 3-5 seconds depending on the voltage of a stun gun.
5. Do not worry that you will be shocked too, you cannot suffer a charge back to your own body even if the assailant is holding you.
6. Remember if you intend on using the stun gun turn the safety switch to the ON position.
7. Use of the stun gun should become second nature and it will if you practice using a stun gun on a regular basis. Remember the old saying, “Practice makes perfect.”
8. Lastly. As with any non lethal self defense weapon, the purpose of it is to allow you time to escape a dangerous situation and seek help if necessary. It is not to injure or maim the assailant.
9. Always have another plan of escape in your mind, this may be a simple as running or using a pepper spray as additional weapons to gain the opportunity to escape.
Are you thinking about buying a stun gun for personal protection? You can purchase one here.